[Foucault-L] foucault and education

Thomas Popkowitz and Marie Brennan at the University of Wisconsin-Madison wrote
the major book applying Foucault to education -- Foucault's Challenge:
Discourse, Power and Knowledge in Education. There are many education
ethnographies that reference Foucault. A few of my favorites are Bad Boys:
Public Schooling and the Making of Black Masculinity by Anne Ferguson and
Reading Lives by Deborah Hicks. Valerie Walkerdine, Anne Dyson, and Bronwyn
Davies are always good to look at. I teach a PhD seminar entitled Foucault and
Education, and have a large file of articles and references on uses of Foucault
in education, so you can always email me if you want more.

Best,

Gail Boldt