Re: [Foucault-L] Comparison between Discourse and Memes

Sam-

What I've found useful is the "strategic reversibility" which is an important part of governmentality. Perhaps specific to governmental rationality as a discourse is the key point that the logic of governance be accessible to the governed. From there it's just a hop, skip and a jump from imperial domestication of the "savages" to discourses of sovereignty and self-governance. And, relative to your point, we have replication, diffusion and mutation of the discourse, not just as mimesis, but as adversarial, emergent and resistant as well.

Dr. Leila Hudson
Assistant Professor
Near Eastern Studies
University of Arizona