Re: [Foucault-L] Comparison between Discourse and Memes

I don't think meme theory has much to do with Foucault. That kind of
structural analysis would presuppose that knowledge exists as
recognizable, isolable concepts or units whose history transcends culture
and practice, rather than viewing knowledge as a certain kind of practice
through historically different techniques....

Pragmatism, and Dewey, however, elaborated something like the "survival of
the fittest ideas" if I am not correct.