Re: [Foucault-L] Education and Foucault

Hey Robert,

I too share your excitement in learning about others in education who utilize Foucault's work and concepts in their own research. I am very interested in Foucault and have submitted a proposal, along with my co-author, for the Foucault SIG at AERA. We are currently working on an archaeology of the social studies and have a contract for the book with Sense Publishers. The title is, This is not a method: Foucault, archaeology, and the formation of a discipline. I was really turned on to the project from reading Scheurich and McKenzie's piece in the Sage Handbook of Qualitative Research on Foucault and his archaeological and genealogical studies. I definitely utilize a wide array of Foucault's scholarship and other scholars who have written about Foucault (Thanks Gail for your book! We are utilizing it for our own work! It's great.).

I also plan on attending the Qualitative Congress this year again and will submit something that goes along with this archaeology of the social studies.

Maybe we should formalize a group or something that utilizes Foucault's work in education? Hmmm...

Abraham P. DeLeon