Re: [Foucault-L] Biopolitics, Liberalism--quote from Dits et Ecrits

Dear Claudius,

I invite you (and anyone else) to have a look at a piece I have had published recently in the journal New Political Science. It comes from an International Relations/IPE perspective, and uses these new writings to address some issues I have with how Foucault is interpreted in IR. Some of it might be a little off topic for this list, but the section on Birth of Biopolitics might be interesting for you.

Scale, Security, and Political Economy: Debating the Biopolitics of the Global War on Terror
New Political Science,31:1,27 — 47

Yours,

Nicholas

PS: I can send you the PDF offlist -