Re: [Foucault-L] Disciplinary society

The question of the impact(s) of the mass media and of communications technology is associated nowadays with societies of control as they have effects on discourses and regimes of truth but also on various dispositifs entailing non-discursive social practices, as well as on various forms of self-subjectivization. So I am not sure that your limited focus on linking the mass media to disiplinary regimes of truth would apply outside of a specific historical context--say 19th century 'media' in a particular social setting, etc. If you are interested in contemporary Foucauldian-inspired analyses/applications of the subject consult the work of Bernard Stiegler and Maurizio Lazzarato.

Best,

Fouad Kalouche