Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory

In relation to Ricky's comments about Fearless Speech

I think also of interest here is Chapter 4 of *The Government of Self and
Others* where Foucault systematically and clearly distinguishes
'performative statements' from parrhesiastic speech - noting 3 or 4 major
points on which they differ.

See also this remark from the same set of lectures

'It seems to me that the philosophical choice confronting us today is the
following. We have to opt either for a critical philosophy which appears as
an analytical philosophy of truth in general, or for a critical thought
which takes the form of an ontology of ourselves, of present reality. It is
this latter form of philosophy which from Hegel to the Frankfurt School,
passing through Nietzsche, Max Weber and so on, which has founded a form of
reflection to which, of course, I link myself insofar as I can.'

Michel Foucault, (2010) [2008]. *The Government of Self and Others. Lectures
at the Collège de France, 1982- 1983. *Tr. Graham Burchell. Houndmills and
New York: Palgrave Macmillan, p.