Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory

That's an interesting way to look at it Clare. For a moment I was
struggling to grasp his differentiation between parrhesiatic speech
and performative statements, in that I wondered whether parrhesiatic
speech might be annexed to the realm of the performative. It did not
occur to me to think of this differentiation as a philosophicaly
informed contrast between the approach to truth as found in
performative statements and the approach found in parrhesiatic speech.
I thought it was merely a separation of two ways of speaking.

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault, correspondence theory vs coherence theory