Re: [Foucault-L] Proof check in Order of Things

Hi Alastair,
the quotation you provide seems to be correct. the same sentence in the 1966
Gallimard edition reads:
"Le langage n'est que la répresentation des mots; la nature n'est que la
représentation des êtres; le besoin n'est que la représentation du besoin."
The point being, as I understand it, that felt 'need' - qua object of
political economy or the 'science des richesses' - coincides with/is nothing
other than its own representation, rather than being a 'representation of'
something else.
hope this sheds a bit of light on the matter.
cheers,
Ali

--
Alasdair McMillan