Re: [Foucault-L] tr. question re: D&P

hi Kevin,

I think you're incorrect in changing "rather" to "more than" -- Foucault is
drawing on Leroi-Gourhan's notion of program here (see e.g. Stiegler's
extensive reading of L-G in Technics and Time 1) -- The ordinance indeed
defines (not is defined by) the "collective and obligatory rhythm" that
constitutes its program-ness. Foucault's point seems to me to be that the
ordinance produces or subjugates subjects at a deeper, ontogenetic level
than thinking of it as a mere time-table would allow. Or, in Deleuzian
terms, we could say Foucault is interested as much in the real virtual and
incorporeal effects of the ordinance as in the corporeal actualizations that
it conditions.

good luck,