Re: [Foucault-L] Proof check in Order of Things

Very true, the second clause should have been "nature is simply the
representation of beings." And incidentally I would lean toward "is nothing
but" as a translation for "n'est que," rather than "is simply." It's also
interesting that Foucault doesn't choose the very similar pairing from the
title (mots & choses) here, instead goes with mots & êtres.
I should have mentioned as well, the original line is on p.222 of the
Gallimard edition.
-ali.

--
Alasdair McMillan