[Foucault-L] hello....new member intro

Hello

I've just joined this list and thought I should introduce myself and my interests.

I'm a mental health nurse, in New Zealand, and studying towards a PhD looking specifically at variation in use of mental health legislation. My theoretical framework uses Foucauldian theory and Nancy Krieger's ecosocial theory. The research methods are epidemiological.

I'm interested in following discussions on Foucault's ideas, especially as they relate to contemporary psychiatry.

Regards to all

Tony O'Brien

Anthony O'Brien RN BA MPhil (Hons) FNZCMHN
Senior Lecturer
School of Nursing
Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
The University of Auckland