Re: [Foucault-L] pouvoir/puissance

Foucault does not use the puissance/pouvoir distiction at all in relation to the disctiction between disciplinary power and sovereign power. All different powers: sovereign power, as well as disciplinary power, biopower, pastoral power, governmental power and so on are called by him pouvoir.
Also power of and over the body is called by hem pouvoir.

Kevin is right: pouvoir is constantly deconstucted by Foucault as set of tactics and strategies and so on, as against the (in France) dominant idea of pouvoir as being massive = sovereign state power, governmental power or power of the Law.
It is in his eyes, indeed, a set of tiny, mundan ingredients that forms a chain of techniques which turns people into subjects.

yours
machiel karskens