Re: [Foucault-L] Foucault and the family

The lecture series, Psychiatric Power has quite a bit to say about the family. There are some remarks about the difference between the family power structure and the state power structure, and how the state must leave the family as the only place where the power of the king operates. The father is the king and the family the subjects. He says something about how an Enlightenment period egalitarianism does not work in the family, and so corrodes the possibility of training children.

Doug

-----
Douglas F. Olena, Ph.D.
doug@xxxxxxxxx