Re: Books on foucault and haber

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Scott Moore wrote:
> For further information on the Foucault/Habermas debate, see *Critique and
> Power: Recasting the Foucault/Habermas Debate,* edited by Michael Kelly
> (Cambridge: MIT Press, 1994).
> Also, Thomas McCarthy and David Couzens Hoy have jointly authored a volume
> entitled *Critical Theory* (Blackwell, 1994) which is set up as a debate
> between thoughtful adherents of these two perspectives. There is much
> information on this subject (not all of it clear and/or helpful) which I have
> discovered in preparation for a graduate seminar on the Foucault/Habermas
> debate which I will teach this fall. These books (not to exclude the fine
> article by David Ingram in the *Cambridge Companion to Foucault* which Stephen
> Katz mentioned) offer some of the best background and exposition I have found.

Thanks Scott,
Have heard of the Hoy/McCarthy one, but have been unable to get my hands
on it!!! Will definitely keep trying.
Your suggestions are much appreciated. I would be interested to hear how
your graduate seminar progresses (but then again, perhaps it'd be too
advanced - I am an infant in the academy!).
Good luck with yours and thanks for the help in mine.

Best rgds...Pauline