Call for papers: MAAOE03 Melbourne 20-2 Oct 03 Re: Foucault and excellence

To this point 60 abstracts have been received for MAAOE03 - Melbourne,
Australia 20-22 Oct 03

If you are interested, please have a look at this website for initial
abstracts of prospective papers received:
http://intergon.freeyellow.com/maaoe/papers-abstracts.html

Details about conference:
http://intergon.freeyellow.com/maaoe

Lionel

>From: Lionel Boxer <lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Foucault and excellence
>Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:21:00 +1100
>
>Over the past few years I have come to see Foucault's ideas as providing
>great insight into how people deal with the problems they face. Achieving
>excellence in the face of crisis could be discussed in terms of Foucault.
>
>I invite members of this list to consider submitting a paper along those
>lines. From the discussions I have watched on this list, many people are
>involved in some sort of research that fits this theme.
>
>Perhaps one could even discuss the human frailty that leads to the pursuit
>of excellence and that mediocrity is a more natural state for people. It
>certainly seems that way inside my university these days, as the quest to
>resolve a $10,000,000 financial crisis has led - in some cases - to the
>reduction of excellence to mediocrity.
>
>http://intergon.freeyellow.com/maaoe
>
>Lionel Boxer - 0411267256 - lboxer@xxxxxxxxxxx
>http://intergon.freeyellow.com
>In 1976 Michale Foucualt said: ... terrorism ... has a totally opposite
>effect which is to make the bourgeois class even more closely attached to
>its ideology ... (original in French) 'Le Savoir Comme Crime'

>Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
>http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp

ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. Get five times more storage - 10MB
in your Hotmail account. Go to
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/home&pgmarket=en-au