Re: micro-translations

since i cannot read french, then from my perspective any translation of
foucault, even an average or esoteric one, is infinitely better than my
own translation would be.
obviously, and equally from my own perspective, a good translations is
better than a bad one; but then again any translation is better than none.
i mean what's the alternative? for people who cannot read french to not
read foucault?
i don't really think anybody is suggesting that. so what's the solution?

and anyway, isn't all traduction trahison?

Faut-il défendre la Foucault?

--
Kevin Turner
Deptment of Sociology