[Foucault-L] Power [was Re: Introduction]

in a nutshell, irene, Butler makes resistance subordinate to power and
then explores this apparent contradiction that our resistance is
always already determined with power. in fact, for Foucault,
resistance is precisely what is not determined by power, the excess.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:44:15 +0000, I.rafanell <Irene.Rafanell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> thanks very much for you clarification, you say:
>
> >"An interesting (but I think ultimately incorrect) account of the
> >relation between (Foucauldian) power and resistance is occassionally
> articulated by Judith Butler, notably in The Psychic Life of Power."
>
> would you mind to expad a bit on which way you
> think that Butler misrepresents Foucault's e
> relation between power and resistance?
>
> with thanks
>
> irene

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Power [was Re: Introduction]
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Power [was Re: Introduction]