Re: [Foucault-L] Power [was Re: Introduction]

Hi Irene
how you lay out Butler's position is spot on. The problem for Butler
is her very messy view of subjection, which basically makes Foucault
into a Freudian Althusserian who sees the subject as an identity
inculcated from without. You might want to look at Catherine Mills's
'Contesting the Political: Butler and Foucault on Power and
Resistance' in the Journal of Political Philosophy 11:3, 2003.
best,
Mark