Re: [Foucault-L] tr. question re: D&P

hi ricky,

the way i read this is that F is characterising the time-table as a collective and obligatory rhythm imposed from the outside

whereas discipline introduced a programme - an anatamo-chronological schema - that assures the elaboration of the act itself, not by some external timetable, but by the internalisation of punctal gestures (it controls from the interior the unfolding and the phases of the act itself).

and thus what defines the ordinance of 1766 is not a timetable but a programme.

F notes earlier in the text that discipline alters the mothods of temporal regulation from which they derive (i.e. the time-table and religious orders: 150).

regards,