RE: arabs ana hanums

Jivko,

I may not disagree with your assertions regarding 'micro-facists' of the
West but take step back from what you are writing. A minor example of what I
think you should realise of your own writing:
You are trying to give authority to your voice by historicizing your subject
position (with regards to the comment about "400 years of..."). What you are
doing is setting up a reference point that (you hope) validates what you
write. It may or may not (that depends on your 'listening' or 'reading'
subject position), but it doesn't add to the truth-value of your words, only
to their romantic nature.

With regards to the 'West' (and to hopelessly over-generalise), just because
someone has power over you doesn't mean that you are necessarily in a bad
siuation. Does it?

Regards,
Glen.