Re: [Foucault-L] Surveiller Et Punir translation

Other examples of the Imperative/Infinitive complexity are:

Margeurite Duras, 'Detruire, dit-elle' - which is infinitive but is
translated as 'Destroy, she said'.
and, of course:
Baudrillard, 'Oublier Foucault', also infinitive, also translated in
imperative 'Forget Foucault'.

I don't think these are mis-translations. It's just that in French, at least
in titles, an infinitive is often used with, let's say, an imperative force.

Timothy