Re: [Foucault-L] Giddens and Durkheim

What I meant was Giddens theory of agency which seeks to examine how
humans are constrained to a degree by their society yet possess agency
to effect social change. How does one engage a fruitful comparison
between Foucault and Giddens without saying one copied the other or is
just restating what the other said.
A friend of mine actually voiced his opinion that Foucault was not all
that original in his intellectual impetus due to the fact that
Durkheim and Weber were doing the same thing. While I recognize a
connection with Weber (in spite of their differences) I don't really
see how Durkheim's project is even similar to Foucault's unless if
they're both considered part of the broad realm of "social science".

--
Chetan Vemuri
West Des Moines, IA
aryavartacnsrn@xxxxxxxxx
(319)-512-9318
"You say you want a Revolution! Well you know, we all want to change the world"

Folow-ups
  • Re: [Foucault-L] Giddens and Durkheim
    • From: a . e . leeds