Re: [Foucault-L] Giddens and Durkheim

I'll speak to that last sentence. Just off the cuff, Durkheim and
Foucault are both neo-Kantian historicists: they look for culturally-
and historically-bound a prioris. And, even more to the point, these a
prioris of thought are crucial to their respective explanations of
social cohesion. Lastly, Durkheim is a reasonable choice for an origin
for French rationalist historicism, of which tradition Foucault is
generally thought to be a recent epigone.

--
Adam E. Leeds
Ph.D. Candidate