Re: [Foucault-L] Japanese editions

Hello everyone, hello Hirko-san,

This is my first post to this list.

I don't think you will find stores that keep this kind of material in
> Japanese outside of Japan. The reason being that only Japanese people would
> be capable of reading Japanese at that level,

Rather, only Japanese people would be interested in reading Foucault in
Japanese ...

I am living in Paris and I know well
it's pretty much difficult to find Japanese translations of Foucault even
here.
(Here we have a Book Off, a Junkudo and a number of
Japaneses who study Foucault.)
It's known and most Japanese Ph.D students bring their
must-haves from Japan, so do I.

Otherwise you will most likely have to either pay the very high postage from
> companies like Amazon.co.jp, or *have them sent to your sister and sent on
> *.

That's what we often do in France.

Another option : In a metropolis like NYC or Paris,
rather especially in those two cities,
there are communities of Japanese intellectual expats/migrants.
You can count on a local Japanese-speaking network, can't you?
Here in Paris, informations like who-have-what-kind-of-collection
and who-are-currently-in-Paris (sabatical stay) are essential among
Japaneses.

Good luck,

Natsuko